The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Obstruction Evaluation Group (OEG) is currently closed. Unfortunately, due to this closure we will not be able to accept new or process previously submitted applications for off-airport filings under 14 CFR Part 77. Upon our return, the OEG staff will immediately begin accepting e-filings via this website and process applications as quickly as possible in the order of the date they were/are filed. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Pending a formal determination, all submittals should be considered a hazard to air navigation until advised otherwise. If you already have a valid FAA issued determination, and you are calling to have a NOTAM issued, please call: (404) 305-6462.
The requirements for filing with the Federal Aviation Administration
for proposed structures vary based on a number of factors: height, proximity
to an airport, location, and frequencies emitted from the structure, etc. For more details,
please reference CFR
Title 14 Part 77.9
You must file with the FAA at least 45 days prior to construction if:
- your structure will exceed 200ft above ground level
- your structure will be in proximity to an airport and will exceed the slope ratio
- your structure involves construction of a traverseway (i.e. highway, railroad, waterway etc...) and
once adjusted upward with the appropriate vertical distance would exceed a standard of 77.9(a) or (b)
- your structure will emit frequencies, and does not meet the conditions of the FAA Co-location Policy
- your structure will be in an instrument approach area and might exceed part 77 Subpart C
- your proposed structure will be in proximity to a navigation facility and may impact the assurance of navigation signal reception
- your structure will be on an airport or heliport
- filing has been requested by the FAA
If you require additional information regarding the filing requirements for your structure,
please identify and contact the appropriate FAA representative using the Air Traffic Areas
of Responsibility map
for Off Airport construction, or contact the FAA Airports Region / District Office
for On Airport construction.
The tool below will assist in applying Part 77 Notice Criteria.